NTG Shepherd one of the winners in Biodiversity Contest
Tuesday 3 January 2012
Miroslav Huskov, breeder and member of a focus group within the New Thracian Gold project (NTG), won a competition for supporting the local farmers in areas with high biodiversity.
About a two months ago Green Balkans, with the financial support of the German Foundation EURONATUR announced a competition to help farmers and breeders working in areas with high biodiversity, like protected areas in Natura 2000 and the Balkan Green Belt". Nearly 100 farmers from the municipalities of Ivaylovgrad, Svilengrad, Topolovgrad, Elhovo, Bolyarovo and Tundzha showed interest.
Miroslav lives and works in the village of Plevun in the nature area of Byala Reka (White River) - Ivaylovgrad municipality. He applied for a brushcutter (mower) which could help him to maintain his pastures quickly and efficiently, in order to keep them in better agroecological condition.
Miroslav told the NTG team he is going to use the brushcutter for maintaining an area of 50 ha. He also got three rams of Charollais sheep. Miroslav's intention is to ennoble his herd of 280 sheep-mothers that he owns since 2004.
- Meer nieuws
- 04/11/2013 Avalon-project finalist in competition The Best ..
- 30/07/2013 Fifth Bread Festival in the Eastern Rhodopes
- 18/06/2013 Experience Exchange Trip for New Thracian Gold o..
- 04/06/2013 Avalon starts project for organic urban farming ..
- 24/05/2013 Official opening New Thracian Gold organic tahin..
- 29/01/2013 Commission launches public consultation on the f..
- 11/09/2012 Urban farming in Cape Town
- 11/09/2012 New Thracian Gold Cooking Days
- 04/09/2012 Culinary heritage of Thrakia
- 26/06/2012 Maritta Koch-Weser receives São Paulo State Gove..